Tandoori Zucchini Kabobs
This is an easy-to-prepare and easy-to-switch up kind of meal. Try using this marinade on eggplant, chicken, broccoli or peppers as the season progresses. You can even thin it out with oil and use it as a dressing for potato salad!
3 lbs zucchini and summer squash – cut into rounds or cubes, whatever you prefer
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger (or some from Old Friends Farm that you froze last fall)
1 ½ tsp garam masala
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp paprika
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp honey
Juice of 2 lemons
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
1. Mix together all of the ingredients except for the zucchini and squash. Taste your marinade and decide if you want to adjust the flavor by adding more honey, lemon or spices.
2. Add the chopped zucchini and squash to the marinade and allow it to soak up the flavor for at least 30 minutes. Soak your bamboo skewers in cold water also for 30 minutes.
3. Place zucchini and squash onto skewers and onto the grill and cook to perfection!
4. Sprinkle with freshly minced cilantro.
- Mim says, I really love sauces, so sometimes I make extra marinade to serve with the finished kabobs.
- Serve on a bed of white rice.
- Ask the meat farmers at market what cuts they have for making kabobs. Marinate meat along with or separate from the squash and grill.